15 Oct 2010 1 Comment
Chocolate Covered Strawberries are one the most elegant looking easy to make desserts out there. Impress your guests in a few simple steps:
1. Wash the strawberries. Completely dry them to ensure that the chocolate sticks evenly.
2. Melt chocolate chips in a double broiler or Crock Pot’s Little Dipper. Stir often. Add more chips as needed.
3. Individually dip the strawberries. Use a spatula to help cover them fully.
* Optional step: For an added layer of flavor, roll the chocolate covered strawberries in crushed candy or nuts.
4. Place the strawberries on a baking sheet with wax paper or baking liner to cool.
5. Scoop the left over melted chocolate with the spatula and drizzle it over the strawberries.
6. Keep the sweet treats in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve dessert.